16.3.11

Week 5 Blog Challenge: My Sibling...NATHAN!

Week 5 Blog Challenge: My Sibling

I have one sibling. A brother. An amazing brother. His name is Nathan. He's 28...almost 29...wow, where does the time go?? 

Nathan is probably the best brother that one could ask for.  He has been through SO much in his life and is an awesome man because of it. When he was in 8th grade, he gave us the scare of our lives. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor on his pituitary gland. This caused his growth to be stunted at the height he was at that age.  He had dreams of being in the NBA, and there's no doubt in my mind that he would have made it. Nathan is one of the best ball players I've seen (except when he's playing me, of course ;) )

 I don't know that I've ever actually told anyone this, but I was scared to death that I was going to lose him. To this day, I can picture him being hauled off to the surgery room and thinking that I may never see him again. 15 years later.....I still thank God that he is here. 

We have been through some rough times, but we wouldn't be where we are without those trials. I am so proud of what he was...who he is now...and who he will become.

I LOVE YOU NATHAN!!
P.S. If anyone ever makes fun of him for being short, I will kick your ASS! (sorry for the profanity Mom, but I know you would back me up:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment