27.3.11

My New Orleans Treasure :)


While one of my best friends, Caroline, and I went on our annual girls' trip to New Orleans, we were trying to think of different things to do, besides the typical Bourbon Street scene.  While googling for ideas, we came across Faulkner House Books. This amazing bookstore was tucked away on Pirate's Alley. It took us forever to find, I literally thought Caroline was going to kill me! haha. Its probably the smallest bookstore I've ever been in, but it had so much character and history. This is where Faulkner resided  while he wrote his very first novel, Soldiers' Pay
Of course, after learning all of this, I HAD to purchase my next novel from here! After being completely captivated by all of the antique (and VERY expensive) Faulkner novels, I opted for a cheaper, newer version of The Sound and the Fury. Here's to hoping this won't take me as long as Gone With the Wind! Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment